Featuring a lovely Australian opal of beautiful blues and green flashes. Specially crafted by Idaho Opal in 14K yellow gold with a bezel that fits perfectly around your opal. And, is substantial enough to protect it.
Perfect to wear in casual settings and with multiple rings.
Opal is also October’s birthstone.
The incorrect notion that opals are bad luck came from Sir Walter Scott’s 1829 novel when a character dies after holy water touches her opal. Unfortunately, the idea lives on even though the author divulges at the end that her death is actually due to poisoning.
Since ancient times it’s been believed:
- Opal is associated with love, passion, and desire
- Opal is a protective stone
- It strengthens the immune system
- Greeks believed opal gave you the gift of prophecy
- Therapeutic for eye health, increasing eye and mind health