Obviously, Cuervo y Sobrinos’ Robusto Churchill ‘Sir Winston’ pays tribute to the former British Prime Minister with this special Limited Edition of only 100 watches. Regarded as one of World War II’s most highly respected figures. Churchill visited Cuba more than once and was part of Cuervo y Sobrinos’ influential clientele. His signature appearing on their guest register along with many others, like Einstein and Hemingway.
The watch is provided with two straps: a dark blue high-gloss Louisiana alligator and a stainless steel and titanium bracelet
Sir Winston Churchill
Visiting Cuba in 1895 at 21 years old as a young officer, his first taste of Cuba lasted only a few weeks. But it would not be the last time that he would visit the sun-kissed Caribbean island. Clearly exhausted, Churchill visited Cuba at the invitation of President Truman in 1946. Together with his wife Clementine, they enjoyed a well-earned rest at the Hotel Nacional after his arduous role in World War II.
Many Cubans enjoyed Churchill’s time on the island as much as he did. Appearing to be especially happy when smoking his favorite Havana cigars. Indeed, the former Prime Minister was reportedly delighted when he was gifted 500 Romeo y Julieta cigars, his favorite brand.
The Churchill collection of watches pays tribute to Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill. Undoubtedly, one of the most important figures of the 20th century. A remarkable man who appreciated the finer things in life and who fell in love with Cuba and its friendly citizens.
The Watch Details
The Robusto Churchill ‘Yalta Edition’ timepiece proved to be resoundingly popular. Therefore, we are pleased to unveil the Robusto Churchill ‘Sir Winston’. A very handsome limited-edition model endowed with an eye-catching petrol blue guilloché dial.
- Featuring a Clous de Paris motif, the striking blue guilloché dial resembles a series of woven arc-shaped lines.
- Day and date display succinctly, positioned one above the other, over 6 o’clock.
- In addition, a central sweep seconds hand integrates with a neat track that frames the dial, enhancing readability.
- Silver-toned, faceted hour and minute hands collaborate with prominent hour markers, making the prevailing time highly readable.
- Housed in a 43mm stainless steel and titanium case. Employing a 3-part modular construction technique that includes a central body, lateral sides and case back.
- The famous quote attributed to Winston Churchill, “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference” appears on the case back.
- The watch boasts a brilliantly designed flip-down crown.
- CYS 5105, base STP 4-13, 13 ”’
- 29mm diameter, 5.15 mm height
- 44 hours, 26 jewels, 28800 A/h
- finished oscillating weight with engraving
- Hours, minutes, centre seconds and date
- Stainless steel and titanium sides
- diameter 43 mm, height 12.45 mm
- sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
- water resistant to 10 ATM
- screwed see-through case back with sapphire crystal
- Stainless steel hands, hours and minutes with Superluminova