Truly a Blue Sapphire Ring for the ages! This ring exudes exceptional quality and sophistication. Something that never goes out of style. A ring worthy of being your most cherished heirloom passed down through generations. Certainly, it would make a stunning engagement ring! Make her your Queen with this sensational blue sapphire cushion cut ring. Just shy of the size of the sapphire in the famous Lady Di ring that weighed 12 carats. Now worn by Kate Middleton.
Featuring an extraordinary 11.18 carat sapphire with the cornflower blue we strive for in the jewelry world. Above all, the blue in this gem ranks it high on the grading scale. According to the Gemological Institute of America, color has the most impact on the valuation of a sapphire. The most highly regarded sapphire displays strong to vivid color saturation. Velvety blue to violetish blue in medium to medium-dark tones command the highest prices. In contrast, less valuable sapphires may appear grayish, too light, or too dark.
This sapphire’s cushion-cut shows off the stone to its fullest with remarkable facet work that makes this sapphire sing.
Modern Day History Of The Iconic Blue Sapphire Engagement Ring
Initially, Princess Di’s engagement ring choice was disapproved of by the Royal family and the media because she chose her outstanding 12-carat Ceylon sapphire ring from a group of rings that could be bought by the “public” which was considered lowly.
Not a lot of the public can really purchase a ring of this caliber, but it was the principal of the thing to the Queen and the judgmental paparazzi. They felt she should have had an exclusively made custom ring. Therefore, the press referred to it as the “commoner’s sapphire”.
However, in spite of the criticism, Lady Di grew to be the most beloved of all royalty. Plus, almost overnight she rose to become a style icon. Everyone celebrated and followed her lead in fashion, including, her jewelry. Consequently, sapphire and diamond rings became the most sought after style of engagement ring for over a decade.
We are welcoming the blue sapphire’s iconic rise again with more recent royal engagements.
- In 2010 the late Princess Diana’s famous blue sapphire and diamond engagement ring finally made its appearance again. Her eldest son, now Prince William, proposes to Catherine Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge with his mother’s beloved ring.
- The coveted style is hot again in 2019. Kate’s brother James proposes with a sapphire and diamond ring as well. However, Alizee Thevenet’s ring shows her own elegant French style. Her blue sapphire is a sensational 5 ct. emerald cut. Enhanced strikingly with a simple, clean diamond baguette on each side. Consequently, her ring looks and feels more Art Deco-inspired.
Blue sapphire and diamond rings are now one of the most iconic and best engagement rings in the world.
Sapphire Meanings & Lore
Sapphire is the birthstone for September and is for the 5th and 45th wedding anniversaries.
- Brings peace of mind and joy, rids unwanted thoughts.
- Opens your mind to intuition and the beauty around you.
- Blue Sapphire assists in healing the body.
- With blue sapphire, the throat chakra is stimulated. Therefore, assisting you in communication.
- A traditional symbol of fidelity, sincerity, truth and nobility.
Down through the ages, sapphire has adorned royalty and the robes of the clergy. During the Middle Ages, clerics wore blue sapphire to symbolize Heaven. In ancient Persia it was believed that the earth actually rested on a giant sapphire, making the skies blue.